Sunday, September 23, 2012

How to do it all?

Where has this month gone???  I am currently teaching 1st grade for a teacher that has been out since the beginning of school.  I have really enjoyed these younger ones!  But to be honest, I am having a hard time trying to juggle everything with my kids schedules.  One is in Cross Country and the other is in Field Hockey. Both are amazing sports in our district, but BUSY!!!

I have finally finished a unit on Similes and Metaphors that has been in the works for awhile.  This is a unit that I used for my 5th graders a couple of years ago before clip art was so amazing!!  So thanks to several clipart masters!!  I have re-created this unit.  I placed it on my TPT store for those that are interested!  I have found that my 5th graders really needed to see concrete examples of various similes and metaphors.  One activity that seemed to help them make the connection is to take similes and metaphors and have them circle or highlight the items that are being compared.  They always enjoyed creating their own after this lesson.





1 comment:

  1. Hi Faith,

    I am your newest follower! I don't know how full time teachers teach and are parents at the same time - life must be very busy!

    Alison
    Teaching Maths with Meaning

    ReplyDelete