Friday, January 3, 2014

QR Code First

December has been a VERY busy month!! 2 formal observations! Foot in a cast! Christmas to prepare for!!  5 teacher Observations! 
I had a wonderful time going to see 5 other teachers in our district. VERY talented educators that make learning exciting!  This really pushed me to try and incorporate QR codes into my classroom. 

Step One:
  Figure out how to scan the QR code on the Ipads at school.  I downloaded an app called SCAN.  This is so easy to use.  The students just position the QR code in the middle of the box and it reads it automatically.  PERFECT!!

Step two:
  Figure out how to make the QR codes.  I knew that I wanted to do a Place Value test Prep.  So I used QRStuff.com. This was so easy to use!  I switch the Column on the left to Plan Text and then I was able to go to step 2 and type the answer.   Step 3 automatically defaults to black, however you can switch the color.  Step 4 allowed me to save the QR code to my folder and then I inserted it into my powerpoint. Easy Peasy!!


 So sitting  in a snowy Pa with my foot in a cast.....my first QR Code to use with my kiddos next week!  Can't wait to use it!


No comments:

Post a Comment